Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bowing to the Buddha pointing to Buddha and saying "Buddha!"

Tuesday, April 10, 2012




My toddler woke up early this morning, came downstairs at the end of my zazen session as I was finishing chanting the Enmei Jukku Kannon Gyo. He stood in front of my laptop, and began pointing at the virtual altar repeatedly saying: "Buddha! Buddha! Buddha! Flower! Buddha! Buddha! Buddha! Flower!" (My altar is a slideshow of images of Buddha, Manjushri, Kannon, and a lotus). I bowed to my makeshift zafu, returned the pillows to the couch, turned to my son and the altar, said the Verse of Atonement, prostrated three times, said the 4 Vows, prostrated three times. 

Bowing to the Buddha who was pointing to the Buddha and saying "Buddha!"














No comments:

Post a Comment